- The F4U CORSAIR "Gold Giant Scale Edition" is a WWII, Single Engine Fighter
- Airplane. This 1/5th Scale Warbird boasts Scale Accuracy, along with the Ease
- of Assembly made possible by Gold Edition Engineering.
- FEATURES: Utilizes Familiar Wood Kit-Building Techniques, Tools and Material
- Precisely Interlocking Parts designed through AUTOCAD, and a Photo
- Illustated Manual help guide modelers through the assembly process
- Kit includes many Precision-Formed Scale Details, such as a Molded
- Cowling and Canopy.
- In the Air, the Giant F4U Delivers Scale Flying Performance, and its
- Large Size makes it Easy to See and Appreciate.
- IMAA (International Miniature Aircraft Association) Legal
- INCLUDES: ABS Vacuum-Formed Cowl and Clear Canopy, Pushrods, Full-Scale Plans,
- 59 Page Photo-Illustrated Instruction Book, All Wood to complete
- the kit, Decals, Fiberglass Tape and Hardware Package.
- REQUIRES: Engine: Gas 2.5-4.1 cu in (41-70cc)
- Glow 2.1-2.8 cu in (35-45cc) (do not recommend 5 cyl radial)
- Propeller: Specific to engine purchased, display prop in photo on box
- is handmade for display only, for flying, a 2-bladed prop is
- suggested because they are more efficient.
- Engine Mount, 5" Spinner, Fuel Tank 32oz, Gas or Glow Fuel-
- Tubing 36", Easy Filler Fuel Valve for Gas or Glow,
- Radio: 6-7 Channel
- Servos: 3 Standard
- (1-throttle, 1-tailwheel steering, 1-for retracts)
- 7 High Torque (45 oz-in minimum)
- (2-ailerons, 2-flaps, 2-elevator, 1-Rudder)
- Y-Harness: 4 (1-ailerons,1-flaps,1-elevator,1-rudder/tailwh steering)
- Servo Wire Extensions (24"): 2
- Switch and Charge Mounting Set, Heavy-Duty Control Horns
- Receiver Battery: 6V, 1200mAh
- Retracts: Main (ROBQ1655) Tailwheel (ROBQ2230)
- Covering: Five Plus 6 Foot Rolls
- Fuelproof Paint: Top Flite LustreKote
- Misc. Items: Two 5" Main Wheels, One 1¾" Tailwheel, ½" Thick
- Foam Rubber Padding (HCAQ1050), Twenty-Nine Heavy-Duty Hinge Points
- Sixteen #6 ½" Sheet Metal Screws (for mounting the retracts),
- 1/4 to 1/5 scale Pilot Figure, Building and Field Equipment.
- A Pull-Pull Cable System for the Steerable Tailwheel
- SPECS: Wingspan: 86.5" Wing Area: 1344.5 square inches
- Fuselage Length: 67" Weight:(w/radio): 24-26 lbs
- Wing Loading: 41-44.5 oz/ft Scale: 1/5.75
- Airfoil: Fully-Symmetrical Low-Wing (Gull-Style)
- CG: 5-3/4" aft of LE inverted at fuse with gear DOWN.
- Throws: HI RATE LO RATE Incidences:
- Elev ¾" each ½" each Stab 0°
- Rud 2½" each Wing 0°
- Ail 1" each ¾" each Engine: 0° down 3° right
- Flaps 1½" Washout: 2° at tip
- COMMENTS: This kit can be fiberglassed or covered with film covering.
- After-market parts (retracts, interior, pilot, etc.) are available.
- See the optionals on the Accessory Completion Guide for these items.
- Manual Recommends A 16-24oz Fuel Tank, Use A 32oz For Best Results.
- The US 41 will be plenty of power for the giant Corsair. It is not as
- impressive as a ST4500 but works quite well once broken in.
- Decal sheet CSRGD01 sold only through GP Manufacturing includes:
- 13" x 7¼" Blue & White stars and bars
- 9-1/8" x 5-1/8" Blue & White stars and bars
- 6-1/8" x 1" Yellow script Bayou Baby
- 2½" Yellow boxing Bugs Bunny line art
- 5-7/8" x 2-5/8" Yellow 850
- Two 1½" x ¾" Black 850
- 1-7/8" x ¼" Black "Wild Hare Squadron"
- 3/8" White dot
- 6¼" x 1-5/8" Black & White instrument panel
- 3/16" black block letters:
- No Step (4), No Push (6), Ammo 50 Cal. (3), Keep Clear (2),
- Use Type D Starting Cartridge, Oil Filler Grade: 1100 12 US Gal
- Marines 49850 F4U-1, Battery Compartment, Fuel 100/130 AN-F-28
- 178 US Gal, Attach APU Here, Pitot Tube Do Not Block, Servo
- Access (2), 24V Input, Hydraulic Fluid Only, Ground Here,
- Static Port, Sump Drain, Canopy Release, First Aid, CO2 Bleeder
- Valve, Stow Tow Hook Here, Life Raft, Air Inlet, Tie-Down
- Link (2), Inspection Access (3), Wing Lock (2), Tow Here (2),
- Jack Point (2), Control Lock (2), Plane Captain Msgt. M Golema,
- Mechanic 2CPO G Morenz.
- Keep Clear (4), No Step (4), No Push (4), Tow Here (4), Jack
- Point (2), Canopy Release (2), Inspection Access (4), Hydraulic
- Fluid Only (2).